Persons admitted to third-cycle education in Sweden aiming to obtain a doctoral degree/PhD must apply for a residence permit as a student. When applying, a certificate from Jönköping University must be attached, which the employer is responsible for to provide.

Information for doctoral students is available on the Swedish Migration Agency’s website: Studying at universiteties or university colleges External link, opens in new window.