I ett kommande special issue i RELA kommer fokus att vara på fördelarna med lärande sent i livet. Deadline för att skicka in ett paper är 11 november.
RELA (European Journal for Research on the Education and learning of Adults), välkomnar bidrag till sitt kommande specialnummer på temat Active ageing, social inclusion and wellbeing: Benefits of learning in later life. Bernhard Schmidt-Hertha, Marvin Formosa och António Fragoso är redaktörer.
"RELA is publishing a special issue on the benefits of older adult learning in terms of active ageing, social inclusion and wellbeing on later life, and editors are issuing a call for papers that addresses and covers one or more of the following enquiries.
▪ What benefits do older adults experience when they engage themselves in learning and education pursuits?
▪ How can learning in later life impact wellbeing, active ageing and/or social inclusion?
▪ Which sectors of the older population benefit most from learning and education?
▪ What benefits can be expected for the social environment (partners, families, communities or even societies) when older adults keep on learning?
▪ How can outcomes of learning an education in later life be researched and investigated?
▪ Do benefits of learning differ in later life from those in earlier stages of life?
▪ When learning and education in later life fail to improve levels of active ageing, social inclusion and wellbeing amongst the older community?"