Alumni of the Year
Jönköping University (JU) gives out the award "Alumni of the Year" to former students, either who have made outstanding contributions in their professional role, or having distinguished themselves with an act that JU deems worthy of attention. JU appoints the Alumni of the Year during the week of Academic Ceremony. Everyone is welcome to make suggestions on who should be nominated by filling out the form below.
Ceremony for "Alumni of the Year" september 22nd at 12 pm.
On 22 September, at 12 pm, you are invited to a ceremony where this year's alumni at JU will receive their awards from Executive Vice President Mats Jackson. The ceremony is followed by a panel discussion where the alumni talk about their experiences from JU and how they have benefitted from the education in their professional life. The panel discussion is led by Andreas Torén and is held in English.
The event is open to everyone, Both in the JU auditorium or digitally - welcome!
Criteria taken into account:
- The alumnus must have completed an educational programme at one of the companies within JU.
- The alumnus has achieved something out of the ordinary in his/her career, in a special commitment or something that is worth noting and that is connected to JU's vision. This can, for example, be about entrepreneurship and innovation, collaboration, community involvement, or an important cultural act.
- The alumnus has an interest in being an ambassador for JU and a role model for current and future students.
- Meritorous is if the alumnus has been involved in JU's activities or the Student Union during their studies.
- Based on the proposals received, the management group within each company nominates two people for this year's alumni award. The nominees are contacted to approve their nomination.
- The Executive Team at Jönköping University constitutes a jury and appoints the alumni which receives the Alumni of the Year Award.
- During the week of Academic Cermony, the Alumni of the Year are invited, physically or digitally, to a joint ceremony followed by a panel discussion organised by Career Center.
- The alumnus can then be invited to his/her school or company within JU to, for example, give a lecture or participate in a labor market day.